kde3/kde4 co-installability again

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 19:24:08 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 08:18:40PM +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> So some distributions rename Qt4 qmake, so Qt4 qmake can be "qmake" or
> "qmake4" or "qmake-qt4".

just like automoc, qmake is for -devel packages. it's always been the
way that it is impossible to co-install -devel packages from different
versions. i have no idea why "some distributions" choose to have qmake
packages with different versions not conflict, but they better have damn
good reasons.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.