'coenig' related

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Dec 11 22:40:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just saw the kde4 rc2 announcement on
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-rc2.php and stumbeld over
the term 'coenig'.

In german the term 'König' means "king" and I don't know if the rc2
codename was choosed knowing this affinity.

As thinking about this a while I asked myself if the recently used
mascot is able to settle the claims KDE 4 is going to fullfill, for
example the multi platform feature mentioned in
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=eL4jU.&search=claim>
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-platform-rc1.php.

Then I asked myself which animal is associated with the term "king" and
found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion where it says about the lion

"A common depiction is their representation 'king
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch> of the jungle' or 'king of the
beasts'; hence, the lion has been a popular symbol of royalty and
stateliness"

so I'm asking myself if it would be a good idea to use a lion as konqi's
successors or not. What do other people think about this topic ?

Ralf