Installed sounds

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Aug 27 18:48:01 BST 2007

A Monday 27 August 2007 18:36:08, Johann Ollivier Lapeyre escreveu:
> 2007/8/27, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org>:
> > yes for the very simple reson that they are vastly supirior in ever
> > aspect, we
> > have all the sizes we want and we will provide resolution specific
> > versions.
> > Can the old ones do that?
>
> I think we should be rationnal here. What we need and what we can do
>
> - We need a small selection (10?  15? )  of great as possible wallpaper
> - We need them fit the currents screen size (2560*1600, 1920*1200,
> 1680*1050...) and ratio (16/10 and 4/3)
> - We need them be usable (see the icons on them for example...)
> - We need they fit well with the other artwork
> - We need them to be various (draw, camera's picture, a big texture...) to
> fit the several tastes
yes yes yes yes yes.
> And we have today arround 500 wallpapers  from the contest, and  some from
> KDE3.  Why not just choose the bests, and try to forget if these are old or
> not ? If the olds win, good, and if not, its means we'll have a better
> instead.
not 500, around 1900, that we selected and selected and rejected and
reaveliated again and again...

> But yea im not that maniac, if we get to midle tearm agreament im ok, but I
>
> > have to give my opinion on artistic areas.
>
> Yes. And i'm thinking Pinheiro and Davigno are the best we could have;)
>
> About the poll idea, there are 2 sides. The good side is it reflect the
> user choice (at least, if we allow 1 vote per IP for example). The bad side
> is users could not have in mind the usability or artwork's harmonies
> issues. Maybe the middle term agreement could be to select the 1st half
> (7-8?) by the artist team, and the 2d half by the users with a poll.
>
> What do you think about?

We will be discolsing the winners in a very very soon and they all were
extensevly tested to fit those needs, we worked alot to get this, and we will
still work a bit more so they are perfect.

if you guys want to look at my favorite candidates take a look at
http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/wall/nunofav.tar.bz2
david ken nd ricardo chose other great ones aswell and from this 90 or so we
will have to pick only 15 or so.... yes its hard.
--

core oxygen icon designer