Various problems/bugs with actions/toolbars in a KParts::MainWindow

Andreas Zehender az at azweb.de
Sat Aug 25 17:30:14 BST 2007

Hi,

there are various problems with actions and toolbars in kpovmodeler,
which uses a KParts::MainWindow where I can't find solutions for, some
may be bugs in action handling:

1) Saving toolbar position
I just switched to KMainWindow::setAutoSaveSettings( "MainWindow", true
), now positions of toolbars are saved. However when I drag some
toolbars to the left side and restart the application, allways one
toolbar is floating instead of docked. mikmak reported in irc that he
sees same behaviour in konqueror.

2) Toolbar configuration dialog:
In the configure toolbars dialog (from context menu of tool bars) the
toolbars of the shell are displayed correctly. The toolbars of the part
have no available actions and the current actions only show separators.

3) KToolbarLabelAction
I have two toolbar labels, both do not show. The code is:
m_pGlobalDetailLabelAction = new KToolBarLabelAction( i18n( "Global
detail:" ) + QString( " " ), this );
actionCollection()->addAction( "global_detail_label",
m_pGlobalDetailLabelAction );
I found same code in other applications.

4) Extra empty toolbar
I have actions for the main toolbar in shell and part. Both ui files
contain
<ToolBar name="mainToolBar">
The actions merge correctly in one toolbar, but there is an extra empty
toolbar with no actions

Please check this, you can reproduce that in
extragear/graphics/kpovmodeler, the main window is in pmshell.cpp, the
part in pmpart.cpp. ui files are kpovmodelershell.rc and kpovmodelerui.rc

Btw: All icons are installed into crystalsvg instead of oxygen, how can
I change that in the build system?

Regards,
Andreas