Inactivate some output in the new kDebug calls

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Aug 15 11:18:31 BST 2007

Hello,

Is there a way to inactivate some output of the new kDebug ? Because in the
current form I find it somewhat unusable with something like 200 chars (or
600 if there is some templates) before the actual message.

I have missed some messages I think and I don't understand the rationale
behind the change. imo, debug messages should be adaptable by the developer
as they are read by him/her. Thus, the interest of something like k_funcinfo
or the other __FILE__, etc.
Maybe this could be made easier to use but I find the current setting really
too heavy to be useful. I'd prefer to be able to activate the current
behavior if needed with a kind of switch and to have by default the old one.

Best regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer