KConfigDialog patch

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 13 20:02:49 BST 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007, Joris Guisson wrote:
> OK, this is the same patch but with the default button being updated. It
> appears to work properly, when I tested it KTorrent.

looks ok on reading it; i can't test it right now, so i'll have to defer to
your testing on it =) but yeah, that looks like it should cover the issue
with the patch previously.

> I also updated the doxygen comments, and added my name to the copyrights
> list.

honestly, i don't think removing apidox constitutes a copyrightable
contribution to the header file. ;)

i think the addition to the cpp files is really on the borderline as well, but
imho up to you to claim copyright or not. though for 2 lines that's ..
dubious. 6 is more in the ballpark.

the reason this matters is that everyone who claims copyright is one more
person that needs to be contacted in cases of license issues. it's also a
bit "unfair" to those who do contribute substantially to those classes to
find they are sharing copyright with others who haven't particularly added in
a substantive manner to it. the license management issue is the big issue
though.

note that this is a general issue in the code base, not just this one patch,
so don't take it overly personally =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se