kdebug

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Fri Aug 3 01:01:00 BST 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007, Flavio Castelli wrote:
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 16:13:35 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 August 2007 15:17, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > One final thing: I've been toying with the idea of an "extended debug
> > > output", which will print the program's name, PID, the function name,
> > > source file and line number. That would make k_funcinfo unnecessary,
> > > since all of that information is already included.
> >
> > Yes, please.
>
> +1
> It would be cool to have something like log4j / log4cxx

+1  Would be a HUGE help if we had something as flexible as log4j which would
allow debugging information to be had without requiring our users to
recompile the entirety of our programs.  Is this not possible?  I can't count
how many times I've had people stop trying to help me help them debug a
problem just because they wouldn't/couldn't recompile code from source.  Very
frustrating, and much less valuable than log4* where logging levels can be
tuned at run-time, not compile time...

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-