Adding font groups to font chooser

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Apr 21 09:27:26 BST 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 19:01, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > For more inspiration;
> > http://unifont.org/fontdialog/
> > And click the 'The Solution' tab at the top.
>
> Yeah, I'd seen that before. But, my question was whether the changes I
> proposed were worth pursuing or not.

Fair enough.

Your changes can be divided into two sections; adding a language (which is
a purely data thing) and second having the widget show another column to
actually do something with it (which is purely visual).
The first is in line with the above link; and I certainly think its a
great idea!

The implementation of using an extra column is one that I think is too
simplistic and not effective. The tree structure as shows in the solution
looks a lot more effective and I'd rather see the second part (the visual
representation) implemented like that.
This also avoids the problems noted elsewhere in this thread of having
horizontal scrollbars.

Hope that helps.
--
Thomas Zander