Giving up

Stephan Johach lucardus at onlinehome.de
Fri Apr 6 21:06:49 BST 2007

Am Freitag 06 April 2007, 18:14:44 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Friday 06 April 2007, Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:
> > kbabel I compile myself from the most recent version in stable
>
> ah, perfect! could you try a little experiment for us then? could you apply
> the attached patch in kbable/catalogmanagerview.cpp and see if it fixes
> anything (and yes, i know the gui will now 'freeze' when updating the tree;
> an unfortunate side effect):

I could easily reproduce the problem after compiling kdelibs with

./configure --disable-libfam --disable-inotify

KDirWatch is using the "stat" mode then and if you do a simple touch *.po
in messages/kdelibs while catalogmanager is running it starts to flicker as
described in my bug report.

Now after applying your patch it flickers only for a few times an then
comes to an end. So it seems your patch fixes it.

Many thanks for your help!

Stephan