ThreadWeaver and asyncronous tasks

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Thu Apr 5 16:45:57 BST 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 12:43, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> These are exactly the kind of questions that led to the decision to not
> make it available yet.
>
> I do plan to add a couple of more GUI elements, most importantly an
> activity viewer comparable to kmail's transfer visualization.
>
> Another question, btw, is: As nice as it looks, is the threadgrid actually
> useful to the user? E.g., does it display information consumable by a
> non-programmer?

I would say no, but as a user I always liked applications that showed a little
more than they ought to, whether it's something internal to the application
or whatever. It makes me imagine and think about how the application works
inside and makes me feel a little more close to it. OK, maybe I'm crazy but I
just like it, period :)

> After this is all settled, I do agree that it makes more sense to add those
> widgets to kdeui.
>
> --Mirko.
>
> On Thursday 05 April 2007 06:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > something that does sort of concern me is that it's another lib against
> > which to link. how many more UI classes are you thinking of adding? i
> > lean towards suggesting that the widgets should go into kdeui, actually,
> > assuming that this is meant for common consumption.

I'd vote yes for Aaron sugestion.

Paulo