objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Fri Sep 29 04:07:10 BST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 22:46, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Scott Wheeler wrote, on Thursday 2006 September 28 7:47 pm:
> > Any objections to the attached diff?
>
> I object to the part where it tells us how to code.
>
> I thought we were trying to *lower* the barrier for new recruits?

Well object, but don't blame it on the mythical "new recruit".

<n00b>: So how do I build KDE?
<mach0_kde>: Do it this way (link)
<n00b>: But, I don't like having to do cd build; make
<mach0_kde>: Sorry.
<n00b>: FUCK YOU, YOU'RE MAKING IT SOOOOO HARD TO CODE!! >:(
<mach0_kde>: wtf?

I mean, it's *already disabled* in kdelibs and the trees having started
falling down.  Personally I'd prefer it either be disabled everywhere or
enabled everywhere.  It's either makes sense to disable it or it doesn't.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne