Features for the new bugzilla?

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Sep 11 14:45:16 BST 2006

Am Montag, 11. September 2006 15:38 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Friday 08 September 2006 15:29, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> > I'll leave it at that for now. Other ideas? Once we've got a reasonable
> > idea of a set of useful features/changes, I'll try to produce a summary
> > for the sysadmins.
>
> I think in the long run we can't expect all users to do bug entries or
> comments in English.
>
> The bug reporter would need a way to specify the used language and the
> application maintainer would need a way to ask for translation help.
>
> I leave the first thing up to the web UI folks, maybe something aroung user
> agent language as a default.
>
> Asking for translation should not require to know someone with necessary
> language skills and not require to ask on some developer list. I imagine
> something like one mailinglist per language that only bugzilla can post to
> and which can be added as CC to a bug.I'm sure someone else can come up
> with an even better solution :)

And what if the provided information isn't good enough? That will create a
terrible mess. Sorry, but I think unless we fixed all problems people able to
communicate in english, there is little need to make the process more
complicated.

I'd think if people e.g. only speaking german turn to kde-de at kde.org and find
someone who can reproduce their problem, that other person can go to bugzilla
and file it. If the bug is only reproducible on that one specific german
speaking person, there is little value in it anyway ;(

Greetings, Stephan