Features for the new bugzilla?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Sep 9 09:31:50 BST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 16:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> >* Maybe some more possible statuses: perhaps some things that are more
> >specific and less combative than INVALID (NOTABUG and NOTKDE perhaps?)
>
> We could split INVALID into more specific resolutions, true. Those two
> seem like a good start.
>
> I'd also like to see LATER and REMIND merged, since their distinction is
> really small. I generally use REMIND to mean that the reporter should
> remind us, while LATER to mean that it will happen on its own.
I am not sure.

LATER can really mean much later, compared to REMIND that can be used for the
next unfreeze (feature, documentation etc.)

> Another interesting feature is the Blocks/DependsOn feature.

Yes, it is very much needed that we can link bugs together, so that we know
that we must fixed the first one in list before it makes sense to work on the
others. That is also useful on variants of bugs, where one is the typical one
to be fixed urgently, where as the ones depending on it are slight variants,
which need to be modified too, but where the bug reports cannot be merged
(.i.e. RESOLVED/DUPLICATE).

Have a nice day!