Popular Keyboard shortcuts (Was: RFC: KDE4, KMix and a public Mixer API)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 11 13:17:28 BST 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 14:05, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > >  I somehow doubt that the increased complexity would make up for just
> > > avoiding the few #includes.
> >
> > The point is that apps not in kdebase would be able to have configurable
> > global shortcuts too, which isn't the case currently.
>
>  It is. They just don't show up in the kcontrol module, but it's a question if
> they should anyway. It's already a bit crowded and would I really go there to
> configure shortcuts e.g. for a media player?

I would certainly find it useful to have all global shortcuts visible in one place, in order to
1) be able to figure out why a certain key combination triggers something in kde, without
knowing exactly which app it's triggering
2) be able to choose a global shortcut without creating conflicts with another app that is
already defining that global shortcut.