kdereview/extragear procedure

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 29 14:29:55 BST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 12:50, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 20:59, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > give the number of people not on the extragear list, it may make sense to
> > also announce it on kde-core-devel. for instance, i'm not on the keg list
> > (and i don't want to be), but i'll be helping ensure that the HCI team
> > keeps abreast of these developments so proper UI reviews can start to
> > happen for KDE4. announcing it clearly here on k-c-d would help me do
> > that.
>
> Is it time to extend the official definition of k-c-d then?  For core
> modules, fine, but adding another role to k-c-d just makes the list harder
> to read. IMO the existing guidelines for extragear are adequate - all

if extragear takes a more prominent role in kde application release
management, then it's probably not adequate, no. if it remains a place for
3rd party apps that just happen to use kde's support infrastructure, then
probably.

but for apps looking to become part of the official KDE project universe of
applications, i think it's fairly useful to be kept abreast here. it's not
like apps are added daily.

> that's missing are a developer.kde.org page placing them in context of
> 'Ways in which your app can be a part of KDE' and a dot article drawing
> attention to this.  For HIC scrutiny, isn't kde-announce a sufficient
> medium?

are the HIG people on kde-announce? *waits for answer*

--
Aaron J. Seigo