ANNOUNCE: short introduction to cmake for KDE developers

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 23:20:10 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 11:58, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 19 March 2006 02:45, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 March 2006 18:28, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > it's not yet finished, but it's a beginning:
> > > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDECMakeIntro
> > >
> > > Feel free to comment on it and to extend it :-)
> >
> > It mentions RPATH_STYLE, but my CMakeCache.txt doesn't seem to have that.
> > There are:
> >
> > CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=OFF
> > KDE4_RPATH_TO_BUILD_DIR:BOOL=ON
> >
> > (Note: Building kdelibs4_snapshot) What's the deal?
>
> The wiki is about current trunk.

Doesn't matter.  RPATH_STYLE doesn't appear when building kdelibs4_snapshot or
trunk/kdelibs until the first successful build and install.  I believe this
is because until then kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake is not
installed.  Once I had successfully built and installed kdelibs with cmake,
the RPATH_STYLE variable appeared.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)