Quality checks (again)

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Mar 20 15:17:31 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 Mar 2006 11:21, Andras Mantia wrote:
>So hereby I propose some items that should be checked for KDE4
>(libraries and applications). Naturally some of them are library
>specific, others are application specific, but the implementation can
>deal with this problems.

The list should state which checks apply to applications and which apply to libraries,
so that there is no room for doubt.

>B) The proposed checks are:
>
> 1. Ported to Qt4
> 2. Doxygen documentation exists
> 3. Regression test suite exists
> 4. Follows the coding conventions
> 5. Uses KIO for file access (network transparency)
> 6. Uses KConfigXT
> 7. KIOSK aware (merge with 6?)
> 8. Uptodate handbook
> 9. Uses .ui files
> 10. Uses XMLGUI
> 11. No icon issues (uses the standard icons or provides icons and
>installs to the right place)

More detail/guidance needs to be added for some of these checks. Personally, I don't
know enough about items 5 and 7 to be able to judge whether my application complies.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.