Feature unfreeze for 3.5.3

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Mar 18 18:45:39 GMT 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 06:20, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> If noone answers i'll assume i can go on.

for this kind of decision, a positive response rather than a passive negative
should be required.

> Rationale:
>  * KDE 4 is still too far away for the joe user

every release is. i certainly think we ought to keep release 3.5.x updates
that contain bug fixes, optimizations, visual elegance improvements, etc ...
but doing feature development in the 3.5 branch will only serve to take
pressure off of getting kde4 going.

>  * Some of us have quite self contained patches that add "important"
> features to our programs [1]
> [1] I have a nice patch for KPDF and i think the kspell2 patch should go in
> also.

what does this nice patch do?

personally, i'd rather see this happen on a case-by-case basis with a
conservative approach favouring fixes and non-feature-changing improvements
over feature additions rather than a full on unfreeze which would just be a
pandora's box waiting to happen.

>  * We are doing it for the messages also (fixing docs and typos)

that's hardly feature development, though, now isn't it? =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo