current state of KDE_DEPRECATED ?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Mar 15 19:44:14 GMT 2006

Nicolas Goutte schrieb:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 19:50, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>>> It should be
>>> static KDE_DEPRECATED
>>> virtual KDE_DEPRECATED
>>>
>>> (I have just fixed 2 files in kio/kio.)
This was my fault :(
>> gcc complained here about the KDE_DEPRECATED:
>>
>> KDE_DEPRECATED KAction( const QString& text, const KShortcut& cut,
>>              const QObject* receiver, const char* slot,
>>              KActionCollection* parent, const char* name );
>>
>> according to KDE4Porting.html it should be ok. Or do I understand something
>> wrong ?
>
> Then perhaps we have to do really something for constructors:
> KDE_DEPRECATED_CONSTRUCTOR
> :-(

I must miss something...
KDE_DEPRECATED is defined to Q_DECL_DEPRECATED and Q_DECL_DEPRECATED is
used for deprecated constructors in qt and it works fine !?
The only place where Q_DECL_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED is empty is when you
have __GNUC__ and __APPLE__ defined...
Can you change KDE_DEPRECATED to Q_DECL_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED and see
if this solves your problems?

Christian

Christian