The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 19:19:27 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:08, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Andras Mantia schrieb:
> > On Tuesday 14 March 2006 20:58, Matt Rogers wrote:
> >> but kde-core-devel wasn't involved in the decision at all.
> >> kde-buildsystem is a public mailing list. where's the issue? we
> >> can be spamming kde-core-devel for every little thing. the
> >> buildsystem is its own beast and deserves its own mailing list.
> >
> > But as it is something that affects the whole KDE, kde-core-devel
> > should be informed about the decision (not about the details of
> > every build system discussion).
>
> You don't understand - there was no decision! The only thing is that,
> when you read kde-buildsystem, it is obvious that cmake won by the
> 'vote' of the developers using cmake and don't care about scons.

Ok, the last one:
- I understood that there was no decision since the mails Thiago wrote
to my concerns
- I don't want that if an important decision - which affects KDE in
general - is made that kde-core-devel to be left out (at list inform
here and redirect to the discussion thread)
- suggestion to subscribe to random mailing lists is nonsense if you are
not interested in details, but only on results. Again, this is valid
for important issues only.

Is it clearer now?

Andras