OpenSSL dependency update

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Mar 13 09:55:51 GMT 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 05:03, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 01:14 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > For KDE 4 I would like to start requiring a minimum of OpenSSL 0.9.9.
> > This is for several reasons, but most importantly:
> > 1) Support of the servername extension
>
> This is from RFC3546, right?

  Something like that.  I am offline right now so I can't check, but it sounds
right.

> > 2) Many security fixes since our last minimum requirement
>
> This won't be such an issue with QCA, I hope - the ability to update the
> providers without causing any compatibility problems is a major goal.

  Although it will require a recompile due to OpenSSL's ever-changing ABI.

> > Any objections with reason?
>
> Only that I'd like to see it formally released. That changelog link appears
> to be for HEAD, but doesn't look to have been done as a release yet.

  Sorry, I thought that was implied.  I will for sure wait until it's
officially released.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/