DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun Mar 5 18:19:39 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 16:25, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 08:27, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > There is AFAIK not yet a document that tell conventions used in the KDE
> > library. That's why I wrote one.
> >

> > Do you like the idea ?
>
> Yes.
>
> Documentation
> Every class and method should be well documented. Read the KDE Library
> Documentation Policy Also don't forget the license headers ^and copyrights^
> in each files. As stated in the Licensing Policy, kdelibs code must be in
> the LGPL, BSD, or X11 license.  ^and all other source files must be
> licensed GPL, QPL, MIT, or Artistic.^

QPL and Artistic are not GPL-compatible, so we start again the license
discussion, as with CPL.

And it must specified that the BSD is without ad or it is again
GPL-incompatible.

And so on...

So no new KDE4 application should use such licenses (or any other
non-GPL-compatible license).

As for existing KDE4 applications, I do not know. Probably we should create a
own module with module that can run only with KDE4 for X11.

Have a nice day!