KDE4 Libs components

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Mar 3 12:25:25 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 12:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Thursday 02 March 2006 22:14, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 March 2006 21:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > has anyone put any thought to what the layout of the "Libs-Components"
> > > part may look like?
> >
> > I was thinking about two libs, libKDEComponentsCore and
> > libKDEComponentsGui. (with the obvious distinction that Core only links to
> > QtCore).
>
> Isn't KDE3Support not be meant to be out of these two?

?? Of course it is.
Aaron's question isn't about the complete layout of kdelibs (we would have to also
include "kdeFrameworkCore" and "kdeFrameworkGui" which is where most of
the stuff will be). "Components" (or "foundation", thanks Adam) is only the individual
classes that would make be reuseable independently, e.g. in qt-only programs.
See the blog linked in this thread.

So we would have the following libraries:
- KDEFoundationCore [collection of independent core classes]
- KDEFoundationGui [collection of independent gui classes, including widgets and the current kdefx]
- KDEFrameworkCore [including the network-transparency parts of kio]
- KDEFrameworkGui [including kparts, kutils, kwallet, kdeprint... kabc? knewstuff?]
- kjs, kxmlcore, khtml
- KDE3Support