need an idea for kxkb (multiple variants UI)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 1 19:02:06 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 19:26, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:

> Anyway, in many (most?) cases people do not use several variants for
> the same country at the same time (why would I need two Russian
> layouts simultaneously?:)

Because many people need to be able to switch between us-international and
us-internation with dead keys. The first is used when coding; the second when
writing e.g. Dutch on a computer with an US-layout keyboard. Almost all
computers sold in the Netherlands have a US keyboard.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi