Call for Contributions - KDE 4 Porting and new API Guide

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 16 18:45:01 BST 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 19:39, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start putting together some more comprehensive documentation for
> our new APIs and the process of porting to them for KDE 4. This will
> hopefully end up being similiar to what Trolltech has for the Qt 4 porting
> guide.
>
> At the moment, I'm looking specifically for information on the D-Bus stuff
> (most of which I should be able to get from the wiki) and on the
> KDialogBase/KDialog improvements. However, other documentation is welcome.
>
> Please send any contributions you wish to make to mattr at kde.org with
> "[KDE4DOC]" in the subject, so I can filter it accordingly.

Thanks for taking this up, but shouldn't this translate simply into improving kdelibs/KDE4PORTING.html
rather than creating an alternate version of it?

I think the KDialogBase/KDialog changes are quite well documented there already,
and if not it can always be beefed up. Many other things are listed there too.

dbus is a bigger change and indeed would bloat up that document if it was all inline there,
so maybe it could move to kdelibs/doc/kde4/ and use multiple documents there.
I just think all this should be done in subversion rather than over email ;-)