KSelectAction

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Jul 26 11:18:32 BST 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 10:42, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> As a side note, I also take issue with the usability of accelerator
> managers - they produce inconsistent results especially with dynamic
> GUIs

My observations don't place blame that simple. The inconsistencies that
occur are due to the fact we now use two conflicting technologies.  We
should either choose to manually add shortcuts or do it automatically.
For various reasons automatically just produces better results and the
only correct road to take here is to remove most of the accelerators from
the sourcecode.  People should stop using labels with '&' in it and
assume the manager will add them.

This tends to make dynamic guis work better as well.
--
Thomas Zander