kdelibs coding style

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jul 22 21:25:03 BST 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 21:25, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> No, this isn't really about me; in fact I haven't actually read the
> exact style guide --- it might even be exactly what I prefer, I don't
> care; my complaint is about the nature of this policy, and it
> intefering with work of existing and potential contributors, including
> the case where there is absolutely nothing wrong with consistency of
> indentation of their code.

Man, why must everything be a near-religious discussion where being right
is more important then getting excellent code written.

I'm Dutch.  We invented cooperation by giving a little, taking a little.
It gets us places. Listen and meet half way.  Try it sometime.
I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish by blocking
this.  Do you have any idea what the consequences are?  Any idea why this
was suggested in the first place?  Is your personal victory worth enough
to have lost of people be less productive on kdelibs code ?

I suggest to ignore your complaint, as by your own admission you don't
know what you are actually discussing.
That and that its impossible to have any sort of cooporation when people
start to veto on principle alone. Bah. :-(
--
Thomas Zander