kdelibs coding style

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Sat Jul 22 12:18:36 BST 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 10:29, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Samstag, 22. Juli 2006 12:13 schrieb Kleag:
> > In the worst case, there would be file well indented but with various
> > braces placement. In my experience, this is just bearable.
>
> Actually most of my code looks like that as I put the brace in the same
> line when it fits and put it in an extra line if it looks weired. But I'm
> pretty flexible (as a kde developer you have to be to some extend :), but I
> know many are very touchy about this.

Yes, I was thinking about this too. Simply, if this is what halt the idea all
together, leave it unspec'd. (However, it should be noted that it would be in
my personal interest, because I, as many others, like braces on their own
lines.)

The style paper could even explicitly say that how braces are formatted is per
own taste, such that it doesn't appear vague, incomplete or invites
programmers to invent their own rules in other areas as well.

Other than that I'm also in favor of a kdelibs-wide coding style. A long time
ago I suggested the same to k-c-d but it too generated a traffic-peak.
Hopefully, we'll get further this time.

Cheers,

		Frans