KDE4 proposal: Paths in i18n strings

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Wed Jul 5 18:16:13 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 16:36, Chusslove Illich wrote:
[...]

> There is another possible annoyance with just taking QFile without a
> wrapper. Programmer might be unaware that being able to use QFile directly
> is not just a convenience, but produces markup as well. So he might
> *additionally* put markup inside message string. Having wrappers makes
> this mistake less likely.

I don't see this as a problem. It only occurs when a programmer 1) have
started using the API without understanding what it does or why; and 2)
haven't applied quality assurance to his application in order to spot such
mistakes. So I don't think this aspect should affect any API design.

Cheers,

		Frans