Labels, widgets and click targets in KDE/Qt

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jul 3 09:23:28 BST 2006

Florian Graessle said the following, On 2006-06-30 13:36:

> According to Fitts' Law targets that are smaller require more time to
> acquire. (See e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts'_law )
>
> If one looks at labels and widgets connected to them there are parts in
> KDE/Qt where Fitts' Law is well implemented. Think of checkboxes where
> not only the checkbox as such is a click target. The corresponding label
> can be clicked as well, largely increasing the click target size.

FYI:
Good news is that I've just got implemented this in Kexi 1.6 with about four
lines of code. It was possible because we've got a special "auto field" widget
there that is comprised of two widgets: label and the actual editor.

I also think about adding "hilighting the label when the buddy is focused".

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska