Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 12:32:18 BST 2006

Hi,

at the risk of starting a huge flamewar: The KDE user interface guidelines
currently list Ctrl+Shift+Z as only shortcut for 'redo'. What do you think
about adding Ctrl+Y as additional shortcut for that action?

On Windows and Mac OS X Ctrl+Y is available as additional shortcut, too, and I
personally find it very annoying when switching between the three that I
can't portably use Ctrl+Y (which is much easier to reach for my clumsy
sausage fingers :)

Or is it usability wise a big nononono to have two shortcuts?

Simon