GUI for changing sets of shortcuts in an app?

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Wed Aug 30 21:42:52 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 20:59 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Wednesday 30 August 2006 9:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Changing individual shortcuts by hand isn't that useful for this purpose.
> > UI-wise a simple combobox in the settings/shortcuts dialog would be
> > enough, and I haven't got a clue about what would be needed in the
> > back-end.
>
> not much.
>
> in KDE3 KKeyChooser supports the ability to sync up with a random config
> file via the syncToConfig method. in trunk/ this is apparently missing (and
> it looks like the keyboard shorcuts control panel is currently broken in
> this respect) ...

In Krusader we have the ability to export and import keyboard shortcuts for
some time now (our uses requested Midnight- and Total-Commander themes).
Unfortunately the syncToConfig method is not documented and seems to work
only one-way so we missed it and wrote our own implementation. Since thisone
could only handle one shortcut per action, I'm currently rewriting it, so
this Mail came just im time ;-) I'll see if I can make use of it.
Once I've finished it, are you interested in the code for the KDE3 branch of
Krita? It's a subclass of KKeyDialog with two buttons for import and export.

bye,
Jonas

--
Try Krusader...