XSettings code

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 22:50:09 BST 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 18:48, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I remember hearing a couple of times about patches for implementing support
> for XSettings, but I've been unable to find anything. Who happens to know
> where those secret things live :) ? Thanks

I don't have any patches, but I do have an experimental XSettings daemon
I wrote for KDE a couple of years ago. You'll find the code for that at
http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/xsettings-manager.tar.bz2

Ideally this shouldn't be a daemon on its own of course, but rather merged
with an existing one. I'd suggest ksmserver.

What the client side bits should look like is an open question, which is
why this never made its way into CVS/SVN.

Specifically there's the question of whether it's Qt's or kdelibs'
responsibility to read and apply the available settings, whether a public
API should be available, and if so how that API should relate to KConfig
and KGlobalSettings.

Regards,
Fredrik