GUI for changing sets of shortcuts in an app?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 30 16:43:51 BST 2006

KControl has shortcut schemes for all of KDE, but a recent discussion on the
Krita mailing list made it clear that it would be very nice to have something
similar per application.

In this case, a painter who has been using Krita said that he would like to
have the tool shortcuts on the left (because he uses the stylus with his
right hand). I would need the reverse. Similar, there's the perennial
question of photoshop shortcuts, macromedia shortcuts or even gimp shortcuts.

Changing individual shortcuts by hand isn't that useful for this purpose.
UI-wise a simple combobox in the settings/shortcuts dialog would be enough,
and I haven't got a clue about what would be needed in the back-end.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi