Patch on ksnapshot

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Aug 29 18:16:09 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 19:43, Marc Cramdal wrote:
> On 8/19/06, Martin Koller <m.koller at surfeu.at> wrote:
> > For the records: I'm against removing the print button
> > Reason: Think of the non-computer-geek users (e.g. my father), who often
> > produce a snapshot printout just to tell their computer "guru" (me ;-) ):
> > "look what dialog I got from application XYZ. What does it tell me ?
> > What should I do ? etc..."
>
> They don't do this everyday, isn't it ?

Correct. Which does not help if they want it once and there is no way...

> If they can start ksnapshot, they can start kooka, krita, gimp or
> whatever graphical application, open the file and print it ... even
> drag and drop it in kword ?

kooka (which IMHO is crap usability wise), krita, gimp to print a simple
snaphost, which was taken from inside another app ????
I think you are joking.
No, believe me, "they" can't.
For ksnapshot I created a nice link on the desktop.

And starting a full blown application to print what I already
see in front of my face (inside ksnapshot) is really not a user friendly way.

Simply count the steps one would have to make to achieve what is currently
possible with 1 click:

- click on save in ksnaphot
- select a file location ("... uhm, where shall I save this temporary thingy
to, ...")
- start another application
- open the image ("... dammed - where did I put it right now ... ?")
- print it
- close the image program
- open konqueror
- locate that temporary image ("... where was it again ...?")
- remove that temporary image

I really don't see whom you help by removing a simple button, which I know is
used

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com