Patch on ksnapshot

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 28 09:24:52 BST 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 10:17, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > You don't need the file on disk for attaching it. You can simply paste it
> > in the composer and kmail will generate a temp file for you without you
> > noticing.
>
> woah ... that's nice! now, do people use ksnapshot this way?

Well, I mostly drag & drop from ksnapshot into kmail, but only after David
Faure told me that I could drag & drop. There's nothing in ksnapshot that
suggests the draggability.

> > Other use cases are inserting the graphics into a oowriter or kword
> > document (e.g. a documentation for something). For this, you don't need
> > an extra file on disk, as the image will be saved inside the odt file.
>
> hm ... how often does this happen i wonder? this is the most valid use case
> i've heard yet; hrm... well, perhaps we can't shouldn't get rid of that
> button =/

Here, too, I used to copy to clipboard & paste, until I discovered the drag &
drop feature. Of course, if you haven't got nimble fingers or a big screen,
then drag & drop won't work.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi