Patch on ksnapshot

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 28 06:58:20 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 23:43, Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH) wrote:
> Please can anyone of the usability-team have a lock on it. It would be
> nice if my work can go in, but i see in a other way.

i seem to remember a time when i was the project lead for the
usability-team ;)

to summarize the thread in general:

 - a simple interface is the goal for this application
 - printing is a function that really doesn't belong in ksnapshot
 - if Open With is seen as a common task (it is at least much more common that
printing or even copying to clipboard) to go in it should replace printing,
should be a button with a drop down enumerating apps that match with
a "Other..." option that opens the Open With dialog provided by
KRun::displayOpenWithDialog
 - the Copy to Clipboard button should be examined more carefully and removed
if Open With actually accomplishes the same task. in other words, one would
have to come up with a use case that doesn't end up with the file open as a
new document in an application, e.g. attached to an email (but that requires
a file on disk anyways, so .... doesn't qualify). if no use cases come up,
then that button should probably also be removed (though there's no harm in
the key combo staying for those who know common keyboard shortcuts).
personally, i can't think of any such use cases and lean towards removing
that button as well.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness