800x600 default (Re: [Patch] Add dmask/fmask support into media:/)

Hubert Figuiere hubertf at xandros.com
Sat Aug 26 14:58:28 BST 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 14:34, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> However keeping dialogs small often makes them easier to understand.
> Given that probably most computers which get sold these days are laptops
> and given that even most new ones don't have resolutions that exceed
> 1400xsomething the range of important resolutions is quite well-defined.

Keep in mind that screen size is not a matter on how new the computer is. For
example there are still lot of people who like laptop that you can really
carry around. Something like Thinkpad X or Z. The X-series have 1024x768 and
it is unlikely to change. And the X-series price tag is over $2000, so it not
the "cheap hardware" effect either.
I'm that kind of users. (I have a Z60 1280x768)

Hub