MimeType .desktop file + icon

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sun Aug 27 17:27:30 BST 2006

Hi list,

I'm implementing a new KDE application and according to
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/makefile_am_howto/en/_icons_.html

I should install app specific icons in the app specific directory with
appicondir = $(kde_datadir/myapp/icons
appicon_ICON = AUTO

When I now also install MIME icons (for a new MimeType I also install) into
the app specific dir, KDE won't find them.
Also, the application icon is not shown in the K-Menu structure.

Is the only solution to install the icons in the KDE std. dirs
using KDE_ICON = AUTO
in Makefile.am ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com