FLOSS project survey

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 25 23:33:13 BST 2006

Hello dudes, today i got asked from a project i'm (more or less) collaborating
with to send main KDE lists the call to participate to a project they are
doing to evaluate FLOSS as a developing way of work.

Part of the people of this project are the ones that brought us the CVS
analsys of the KDE project
http://libresoft.dat.escet.urjc.es/cvsanal/kde3-cvs/index.php?menu=Index
so at we know they are serious people and that will publish the results back
to the community.

Here comes the mail itself, i would be grateful to you if you answer the
survey

Dear FLOSS developer,

MERIT at the University of Maastricht along with the University Rey Juan
Carlos (Madrid) are studying how developers contribute code to Free /
Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. This is an extension of
our previous research projects such as flossproject.org, flosspols.org,
flossworld.org, and libresoft.urjc.es.

In this study, we are looking for survey respondents like you, who
contribute to at least one of a small number of projects that we have
selected for the study.

Therefore, we would like to ask you to participate in a small survey and
to fill in our questionnaire, which you will find online at

    http://libresoft.urjc.es:9999/Survey/

To fill in the survey takes not more than 10 minutes of your time.

Of course, all personal information will be kept strictly confidential,
no personal information will be revealed to third parties, and the
information obtained will be properly aggregated and anonymized so that
no data about named individuals will be published. We also would like to
point out that this study has only academic and no commercial purpose,
and the resulting analysis will be freely available.

Rishab Ghosh ,MERIT (Board member, Open Source Initiative)
  rishab at dxm.org

Ruediger Glott, MERIT
  Ruediger.Glott at INFONOMICS.unimaas.nl

Gregorio Robles, URJC