please update to cmake 2.4.3

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Aug 25 18:37:06 BST 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 09:22, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 August 2006 09:06, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Any chance of putting this off a few more weeks?  Perhaps till after
> > akadamy?   Having one less piece of software that we have to build
> > manually ourselves means a lot for anyone starting up from scratch.
>
> Hi,
>
> since cmake is an external dependency that will be smacked over our heads
> by everybody in the outside world as soon as we release anything with it,

Among others from the cmake mailing list I have the impression that since we
are using cmake quite a lot of people are switching to cmake (or at least
playing around with it). So Debian has cmake, SUSE will have cmake AFAIK and
other distros will have it too.
So I think/hope this won't be an issue anymore in a few months.

> how about that:
>
> We build a bootstrap step into the configure or make phase of the packages
> that use *qmake* to download and install the required cmake locally. The
> step should be fairly simple, and qmake is always there.
>
> I know this requires a working network connection et cetera, but it gives
> us an argument towards potential complainers. And also, it rids *us* of a
> potential manual step everytime cmake updates.

We don't have to force every cmake update on every developer (although it
would make some things easier for me :-P
So the next update will be due four months after the last required update.
I don't know of any open issues with cmake 2.4.3 (performance tuning doesn't
count here).

Bye
Alex