KClearableLineEdit

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 23 18:32:54 BST 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 1:57, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le mercredi 23 août 2006 09:27, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> > i also implemented this as a subclass of KLineEdit rather than embed the
> > functionality into KLineEdit since KLineEdit is already a pretty hairy
> > beast and i didn't want to add to that.
>
> That's unfortunate because we can't easily get the restricted + clearable
> features at the same time.

ugh.. ok, that sucks.

 *wanders off to do some class merging*

attached is a patch that adds the functionality to klineedit. ok, not too bad
actually, now that it's just a matter of merging code.  also makes the search
lines use this new feature.

i've only copmpiled it, not tested it (still waiting for kdebase to finish up)
but it should work; it's a straight "merge two classes" sort of thing.

best of all worlds. yay!

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness