KClearableLineEdit

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Aug 23 17:58:32 BST 2006

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2006-08-23 16:33:

> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 14:26, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>>Nice improvement. One note: what if I have already reimplemented
>>KLineEdit (or want to add the 'clear' button to aneditable combo box or
>>date/time edit? Maybe we can _also_ have an interface that can be
>>inherited, thus delivering the "clearing" functionality?
>

> Clearable combobox?  Or clearable date-time edit?

Both.

 > Sounds wicked, but I'm not sure what real-world use it will have.

Exactly the same use case as in KLineEdit. You can find many apps that use
combo boxes with history (as Reinhold mentioned) instead of plain lineedits.

Take a look here at the two combo boxes:
http://kexi-project.org/pics/1.1/propeditor_groups.png
- the "clear" button could go to the same place as in Aaron's implementation.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek