ksmserver restartStyleHint

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Aug 23 15:57:31 BST 2006

On Saturday 19 August 2006 10:57, Benjamin Foote wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious about ksmserver's session restoration functionality and
> specifically the the variable restartStyleHint in
> ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc

 See the xsmp spec (gg:xsmp just in case you're about to ask).

> I'm trying to coerce emacs into doing 'the right thing' on session
> restore by actually loading the file that was in the buffer when the
> last session instead of what happens now: an empty emacs session is
> restored with the correct title.
>
> Does restartStyleHint affect the parameters that are used to restart the
> application?

 No, see in the spec.

 The relevant line is restartCommand, which is more or less the command
ksmserver will use to restart the application. On session save this command
is received from the application and it's up to the application to store its
session data somewhere and encode in the restore command somehow information
about how to find this data.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz