Patch on ksnapshot

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sat Aug 19 11:00:44 BST 2006

On Friday, 18. August 2006 23:05, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Thinking a bit longer about this, I suddenly see the following scenario.
>
> People start krita and use the menu to take a snapshot.  KSnapshot is
> started.
> This app started from Krita now has the option to, tada, start Krita!

The way KSnapshot interacts with Krita is not so great anyways, or better,
there's no integration at all. I'd prefer KSnapshot to replace the "Save As"
button with an "Import Into Krita" when started from within the app (saving
should happen inside Krita then), and hide the Print button as Krita can do
that anyways.

(Importing would likely involve automatical clipboard copy & paste which is
already implemented in both apps, just has to be coordinated.)

Bottom line, I don't think the interface of KSnapshot standalone and
KSnapshot/Krita should look the same, and its usage in Krita shouldn't
prevent the inclusion of useful features for the standalone app.
If "Open With" is worthwhile as feature is another question that I won't
tackle here ;)

I'm also in favour of removing the "Print" button. Printing bitmaps without
having the opportunity to position and resize them on the printout is
pointless anyways, and should really be done by bitmap editors or DTP apps.

Thanks for listening,
  Jakob