KLocale to use nl_langinfo?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Thu Aug 17 17:52:47 BST 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 18:21, Barış Metin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for responding late, was busy with other things...
>
> Çarşamba 16 Ağustos 2006 22:31 tarihinde, Nicolas Goutte şunları yazmıştı:
> > Well, I fail to see for which specific case we should add that code.
> >

> > Most of the users will have a $LC_ALL or $LANG defined with a country and
> > so KDE would override anyway the default settings.
>
> I'm ok with correcting the country specific settings (I'll correct it for
> Turkish). But isn't it a benefit to use the correct defaults from glibc
> instead of hardcoding? If so can commit the tested patch as Stephan
> suggested.

Not exactly. In KDE3, we had the policy that KDE uses its own language and
country settings independent of classical Unix/Linux features or libraries in
that domain.

So if that would have been consider to be such a serious bug, it should have
been fixed for KDE 3.5. However now we are at KDE 3.5.5.

As for KDE4, as we have in full development and as we try to be more
integrated in the normal I18N of glibc and Gettext, it would be another
matter.

Of course you are more than welcomed to fix the settings for Turkey, including
in KDE 3.5.x.

> > (And as the bug number was not told, it is difficult to check.)
>
> It's not in bko. And, bug report is in Turkish so I didn't give a link,
> thinking it's useless here :).

Ah, sorry, despite that I live in Berlin, I do neither speak nor read Turkish,

> regards,

Have a nice day!