KAssistant announcement

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Aug 14 10:46:12 BST 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 23:38, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Why?
>
> "Assistant" name is already used in translatable strings instead of
> "Wizard" here and there.

I don't mind at all that the class is renamed, but I'd like to say
something that I think should be obvious when pointed out.

The classname should have zero effect on the way things are presented to
our users. They don't see classnames any more then they see design
patterns.

I'm sure there will be programmers that still use the string 'wizard' for
some time to come. We can't stop all of them.
Perhaps a good solution is to come to an agreement between all the
translator coordinators that Wizard is translated to 'assistant' in such
languages where there is no good literal translation.

--
Thomas Zander