KAssistant announcement

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Aug 13 22:38:15 BST 2006

Hello,
Developers interested in KWizard for kdelibs4 are rather convinced that the
class could be better renamed to KAssistantDialog.

Why?

"Assistant" name is already used in translatable strings instead of "Wizard"
here and there. It's not even that we hate terms coming from MS (Wizard), but
there are languages where "Wizard" is a nonsense or it's not clear what's
that in computing. For example in polish, "Creator" term is used, that's also
not very clever. Summing up, 'assistant' is well translatable, and there is a
chance that if a developer use the class, he/she'll be using "assitant" term
in the i18n string, what makes i18n teams' life easier.

Tomorrow (monday) I'll rename the class if there's no a big problem. For now
there's almost no apps code depending on this name (K3Wizard is mostly used).

The change is also described at
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=kdelibs4+TODO%2FKAssistant

--
regards / pozdrawiam,