KDE4: Home folder files deleted

Matthias Lechner matthias at lmme.de
Sun Aug 6 14:15:54 BST 2006

Hi,

as I wanted to start contributing to KDE4, yesterday I decided to build a
basic KDE4 environment. The building process was very fast (much better than
with autotools!) and there were just a very few problems which were related
to my system.

But when I started X and startkde just a few minutes ago I got some error
messages related to kio and I was left with a blank screen with only the
background visible. So I killed the X server and when I tried to restart it I
noticed that all files in my home folder (/home/kde-devel) with the exception
of /home/kde-devel/kde/share/[applications,autostart] had been deleted :-(

How does this come?

Best regards
Matthias

BTW: is there a list with open tasks for kde4 development?