RFC: KWizard

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Aug 3 22:40:19 BST 2006

Olivier Goffart said the following, On 2006-08-03 20:49:

> Here is an attempt to replace Q3Wizard
>
> It's basically just a simple KPageDialog with "Back" and "Next" Buttons
>
> only KPageDialog::Plain face type make sens for now.
>
> Anyway, KPageDialog::List or Tree could be used with a small modification of
> PageDialog: Widget that are disabled should be grayed out in the list, so it
> is possible to have all "future" page disabled, like this screenshot from
> kdelibs/TODO:
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/features/2.0/images/mail_merge.jpg
>

> I have already ported the Kopete add account wizard locally
>
> If there is no objection, I'll commit.

That's a good start.
BTW, I had nice discussion (on #kde4-devel?) with Pino Toscano about what is
needed. The pages list on the screenshot you linked here is indeed one of the
largest differences between Qt3 wizard and the planned.

Is here anyone having IRC logs from the channel kde4-devel? (I forgot to log
the discussion :( ).

Pino, what's up with your implementation? It was pretty advanced at the time
in terms of API...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek